72 RR GTX owner new here...

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

6o4o
Road Runner (RM)

72 RR GTX owner new here...

Post by 6o4o » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:31 am

Sooo...finally the board works! ;) It's a while since I visited this site, but it's a good site with lots of information, keep it like that!

Just thought to register here since we 71-72 roadrunner owners are pretty rare ;)
Bought my 72 RR 1.5 years ago from a friend in NJ. It had some rust on the sides (quarters, fenders, doorskin etc.) but otherwise the floors are super solid. I let do all the body work in PA and the engine and trans in NJ. Last fall I went to visit him and took it back to my house in Switzerland. Since then it's sitting here because I can't find a good garage to work at and I don't feel like working with 30 degrees outside on that car! It just needs a few issues and to put back together to run! I am almost there... hope that it works in spring!
It's an original airgrabber car, TX9 outside, B5 interior with bench seat, got a radiator overfill botthle (anyone can tell me where I can get a new one? This one is really dry and will crack soon!), a PS cooler, bench seats, ECU, FM radio and SG, although I can't find it on the fender tag.
The buildsheet couldn't be found! ;( Still hope to find it someday, since it's a 2 owner car (first owner and my friend), although I got name (Cornelius Buttler) and an old registration of the first owner I couldn't find him yet...
As written in the signatur the car got a number matching 440, that was rebuild now and a '68 727 that I will soon change to 72 because the Z-bar from TTI that is supposed to work with my headers won't fit on a '68 case! I just found this out AFTER I let rebuild the 727 ;( But I got a 72 case at least...
The car also had hood pins, 71 GTX emblems and a 71 style rear stripe in gold. I let remove it since I don't know if it was put by the first owner or if it was put by the dealer. But what I heard is that the owner ordered a 440-6 but didn't get it anymore...
I met by the way the owner of the only know 72 RR 440-6 in Columbus Ohio... really nice guy... was an interesting talk!
So yeah.... that's about it... it's the only original 72 RR GTX in Switzerland as much as I know. There is another one but that's a rebody.
If anyone knows more about this car please tell me!

cheers
72 RR GTX, No. matching 440, 68 727, body TX9, B5 interior, got doorsticker, but no buildsheet
72 Satellite 318-Auto, all No.matching, with buildsheet

Both cars tasting now swiss cheese ;)

oldyeller73

Post by oldyeller73 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:33 pm

:D Sounds like a cool car man ,and welcome!! 8)