Vendor warning

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Eric
Site Admin

Vendor warning

Post by Eric » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:30 am

I just wanted to warn everyone about Atlas Obsolete Parts out of California. I recently bought a set of advertised NOS side marker bezels from them on ebay. I started to suspect something when 2 weeks went by and nothing had arrived. Finally when they did arrive, I opened the package to find a set of badly bent reproduction bezels. These couldn't possibly pass for NOS. They have thread marks on the studs and no fiber gasket. The metal is so soft it bends when you barely touch it! When I emailed them about the misrepresentation, they ignored me. BE VERY CAREFUL BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM!
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

mopar71
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 roadrunner

Post by mopar71 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:16 pm

Thanks for the tip Eric,I purchase a lot of parts on e-bay and its good to know if members have had any bad dealings.Maybe we should keep this going so other members can post bad dealings on here to. Pablo

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Vendor reports?

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Thanks for the heads up Eric!

Pablo has an interesting idea, I could set up a forum on here for vendor feedback, both good and bad, for both eBay and non-eBay transactions. However, I'd need somebody willing to help moderate that kind of fourm so that it stays simply a factual report and not trail off into a "flame war".,

So how about it Pablo? ;) Interested in helping to moderate something like that? We'd have to figure out some "standard" way to format posts or whatever, but I'll set it up if people would be interested. I know I have a few good reports to make based on what I've encounterd as part of Project Blue Bird. :)
Dave
Founder - The Road Runner Nest

71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

mopar71
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 roadrunner

Post by mopar71 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:13 pm

Dave, What does it involve? I go to school during the day and work at night so the only time I get to get on a computer is on the weekends.Is that enough? Pablo