Valuable lesson

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

aerodynamic
GTX (RS)

Valuable lesson

Post by aerodynamic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 pm

Hey all, you might get a kick out of this, but it wasn't very funny at the time.

Today I brought my car back from work where I've kept it (outside) since I bought it a couple months ago. I work at a Saturn dealer as a technician, and it seemed the logical place to put it since most of my tools are there. Of course, we're very busy, and I only seemed to have time to look at it but not to work on it. Today I hauled it back to the house and put it in the garage, whereupon completion of my honey-do requests, I suddenly and joyously found myself making some progress. I got the bad vinyl roof and some trim torn off so I could see what shape the roof was in, and a few other things. That's good, right? Here's the bad part. Mind you, if my fiance wasn't already in bed sleeping, this could have been a whole lot worse.

I sat down at the computer tonight with the intention of loading a few of the pix I took today onto the computer. I realized the digital camera was still in the garage, so I headed for the garage. The door out to the garage had a strange dark smudge around it as I came down the hallway, and I couldn't figure out what I was looking at.....tilI I got closer. Mother of God, there were about 300 baby cockroaches streaming into the house! I would have taken pictures, but I was a little panicky at this point. Not from the cockroaches, but that my woman would hear the commotion, freak out, and kick my car (and probably me) out onto the street. As much of a Mopar fanatic as I am, spending the night in a cockroach infested car seems somewhat less than appealing.

Anyway, I managed to kill pretty much all the ones in the house. I was like a ninja...silent killing all over the place. I'm sure my garage now looks like an Orkin ad, but not much I can do about that at the moment.

By the way, water based insect killer doesn't do squat, unless you're planning to drown them with it. Windex kills 'em dead pretty much instantly, and they're much cleaner too.

I guess I should have fumigated it first as a precaution, huh? Lesson learned.

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:57 pm

hahaha...i had that problem, but with mice when i got the old 78 dodge pickup down from a farm and into the garage. The bad part, though, is that my dad was killing them and i really like animals of all kinds, so that sucked, but i guess...they were born and people think they are horrible, so i can't really do anythng about that. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes i even feel bad when i kill a bug or anything basically...oh well. But yeah, that's pretty crazy stuff man.

71GTX
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 GTX

Post by 71GTX » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Wasnt there a movie with that type of a plot??
It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!

69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project)
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)

aerodynamic
GTX (RS)

Well...

Post by aerodynamic » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:02 am

Yes, I kept thinking it looked like a bad old horror movie or something. The really bad part, like I said, would have been if the woman had woken up. She hates the sight of even a single roach, let alone hordes of them. I will admit I'm still a bit creeped about it, but the truth is they can't really hurt you, they're just....gross.