'71 & '72 Front Bumpers Reproduced

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

gary
GTX (RS)
My Cars: '71 GTX Gold Leaf Met.440 A/T

'71 & '72 Front Bumpers Reproduced

Post by gary » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 am

Was trolling E-Bay and find someone selling Repop front Chrome bumpers for 399. They are made by AMD
This was news to me. Wonder where they are made. :beer:

Magnes
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Re: '71 & '72 Front Bumpers Reproduced

Post by Magnes » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 am

After having a bad experience buying a rechromed front bumper, I took a chance and I bought a new one from AMD. I would have to say that I am very satisfied with it. The fit is great. Everything lined up easily. The chrome is nice... Not "triple dipped" show car but I would say it's about as good as the originals were when new. Again, I am happy with the quality and I'm a bit picky. I would recommend this part.

The only issue I had is:

My car is a 72. I ordered the 71 bumper using the 71 part number. What I got was a box that said 71, but the bumper was a 72. The only difference being the bumper jack slots are 72 only. It wasn't a big deal for me though, since I have a 72. I did call AMD and talked to one of their guys who was very appreciative that I called them and let them know this issue because the item is a brand new item. He said he would make a report and pass it on to AMD's R&D team. It could be something as simple as the wrong item in the wrong box... I don't know for sure.

So if you are wanting to order one and you have a 71, you should give them a call and make sure that you are getting one WITHOUT those bumper slots. I am sure they will get the issue worked out quickly but it's best to be on the safe side.

Here's a couple of pics.

gary
GTX (RS)
My Cars: '71 GTX Gold Leaf Met.440 A/T

Post by gary » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:28 am

Thanks for the reply.
Two questions:

Did they make their mistake right?

Where was bumper made? :beer:

Magnes
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Post by Magnes » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:16 am

1- I didn't press the issue. I didn't ask for an exchange or refund. It doesn't matter to me that it has bumper slots. I would have preferred not but I'm not going to make a big deal of it. I was just happy having a good fitting/looking part.

2- To be honest... No idea where it's made. There was no "made in Taiwan" sticker on it but I do know that some of AMD's parts are made there. All that matters to me is: Does it fit properly? And the answer to that is: Yes.

dangina
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 roadrunner

Post by dangina » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 pm

looks like a winner! locally they wanted $400 just to rechrome the old one
400 stroked to 470ci, 3:55 Eaton true trac, slightly upgraded suspension lol

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus