why are people so dumb/mean???

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

why are people so dumb/mean???

Post by landon1 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:23 pm

Okay, so I've lived in a small town my whole life, right...move to a pretty large suburb and somebody decided they had to hit my car and knock about a half dollar section of paint off down to the primer...what the crap? There's now also other scratches and crap all over my car, so maybe I'll have to go old school and paint the lower body like a 72, but in black... What do you guys think? I guess i don't see why people mess with other peoples' vehicles. People take a lot of pride in their ride and it's just not right to pull that kind of stuff...then don't leave at least a note for insurance or anything...some people make me sick! :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :rant:

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear about that. As for the black lower body. I personally don't like that look. To me it looks like someone is trying to hide bodywork when they go black lowers. But it is your car...do what you want with it...whatever makes you happy. :beer:
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

landon1
GTX (RS)

Post by landon1 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Here's something I thought of while I was driving today...I'm thinkin if I touch up the spot with some left over blue, it is right on the edge of the bodyline, so then maybe it would look better if I did the painted-on, or vinyl pinstripe along the bodyside. I saw a GTX like that, so maybe that would look better and may not be correct-looking, but will do its job. The other scratches got put in on the quarter panel, so I think I can get some Plymouth decals like on a superbird to put on and that would cover them up and look pretty good...I'm thinkin I'll go with that, but I'm open to other suggestions, because personally, I'm not a big fan of the black lowers either.

CtownRunner
GTX (RS)

Post by CtownRunner » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:21 pm

What would it take to paint the lower half the matching color and feather it in. My Brother had some paint feather in that I to this day can not see but he knows where.
What about your insurance?

landon1
GTX (RS)

Post by landon1 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:31 pm

don't have the money to do that much...and the paint isn't perfect, so if it looks okay, it will be alright. I say it's not perfect because other people cant see all the flaws, but with all of my polishing and stuff I pretty much know every spot on that car that makes me crazy. I'd like to get it painted again, but do it myself and not rely on someone who says he knows how to paint...it would probably be better to have someone do it, but I'd like to learn how and get it as good as I can...could probably practice on my dad's truck, bc it needs paint bad.
My insurance sucks horribly...i wanted some good insurance, but they think these cars are worth like a grand, tops...ridiculous. But, I can't really get into classic insurance, I was thinking Hagerty, since I drive so much.
I think running a stripe on that bodyline, kinda like the chrome would be on a 72 would make it look fairly good and then eventually get the superbird style letters on the quarters where someone thought it would be cool to scratch it a little bit...