My new finds

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

aerodynamic
GTX (RS)

My new finds

Post by aerodynamic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi all, wanted to share my new finds. The story is long but very cool, more suited to regular e-mail, probably. Been looking for one of these 73 or 74 Road Runners for many years now, having sold my old one years ago. This one found me! I also found one in California I have a deposit on and am awaiting shipment. The one here in town is an original 400 car with 727, vinyl roof and 8 3/4 Sure Grip differential. The car has zero rust and one dent. I even think the paint is original. The vinyl on the roof is trashed from the Florida sun. The interior needs help, having been abused with spraypaint to the dash and door panels, and the addition of Toyota buckets (geez!). The price was $5000, a real no brainer. The california car is another 73 Road Runner in grocery getter form with a 318. It's a one owner, rust free a/c car. That one will set me back $3500 plus $900 for shipping. Both cars run and drive and were a steal, in my humble opinion. The California car has a complete interior and will probably be the donor car for that stuff. The rest of the car will likely go to ebay. I don't have pix of the California car yet, but the black one's pix should be attached.

road chicken
GTX (RS)

Post by road chicken » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:43 pm

Looking good!!!

Sorry I didn't PM you back- I got side tracked.
4th generation B bodys- there is no substitute.
68 383, Street Demon 750, RPM top end,484/284/108 poo poo cam "-5 spd 4:10 SG, 4whl disk, Helwig Anti-Sway, Poly bushings,Firm Feel Box, HD Linkage, 1" t-bars, 7 leafs Springs

aerodynamic
GTX (RS)

Post by aerodynamic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:38 am

Ok I finally got a pic of the other car. The body is nice but it's the interor I'm after.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:55 pm

The second car looks too nice to pull the interior for the other car. A lot of the interior parts are being reproduced, why not go that route and keep an original roadrunner complete? Even thought it's a 318 car, it's a shame to split it up....
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

aerodynamic
GTX (RS)

Post by aerodynamic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:51 pm

Well, I'm not quite sure what I'll do yet. I'll admit to a bit of guilty conscience about the prospect of gutting a nice car. If I can find front seats for the black car elsewhere, maybe I'll just sell it as is. The black car is missing it's console (people can't seem to help putting B&M shifters in these) and the steering wheel is also aftermarket. You can see my temptation problem. Even if I gut the interior, I think I can still get back what I paid for the car. Kinda nice to have some options for a change though! :-)

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:57 pm

The console and steering wheel shouldn't be too hard to find, seats either but they'd be a little costlier to ship!